Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Breastfeeding....kinda sucks right now.

Sooooooo Squeaker had to be supplimented with formula from birth. To get the jaundice out I made the decision to give it to her. She was a very sleepy nurser and I wanted to GET OUT of that hospital.

Since then we have been breastfeeding and pumping and giving minimal amounts of formula. Like 4oz a day MAX. I have been feeling like I'm not making a whole lot of milk so I've been pumping like a mad lady. I can get about 1 1/2oz out of the right breast and 1/2oz out of the other (tardy to the party there Thelma?) which I know pumping has no reflection on the amount of milk but I just felt like it wasn't alot. Sooooo I pump and give her bottles and nurse like 6 times a day on top of that.


My boobs are hurting like a mo!

Got some fenugreek today tho! Suppose to help with production, I'll let you know how it goes.....

edit: As of January 20th 2011, exclusively breastfeeding!

No comments:

Post a Comment